Air Quality is here!

As soon as ecobee officially released their new thermostat with air quality, I knew it wouldn’t be long before someone asked to see the data in beestat. Not being one to disappoint, I started on it immediately. Beestat is currently the only place where you can see this historical data; not even the ecobee app has it.

There’s nothing hugely surprising going on here. If you’ve used air quality sensors before then what you see in beestat will be familiar. If you don’t have a supported thermostat and are looking to upgrade, feel free to use my affiliate link to buy one support beestat.

Check it out and discuss below. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,
My air quality readings are off the charts… has anyone else seen this?

This is something you’ll probably need to contact ecobee support for. Does your ecobee also say the air quality is “poor” all the time?

Sometimes you can force the sensor to re-calibrate by rebooting your ecobee, or giving it a very strong scent like a permanent marker for a few minutes.

I’m a total newb here. How do I start creating air quality history from my ecobee professional? Thanks!

If you have the Smart Thermostat Premium then the air quality information should populate automatically on that part of beestat. Do you see the AQ info on your app?

Sweet Lord… I didn’t even realize it was an app. THANK YOU and sorry for the stupidity >_>. Yes I can see it. I fear I may have another stupid question… The example screenshot says the data is for 4 weeks. I can’t figure out how to read it. I set mine from 1 week to 4 weeks and it looks the same to me. Thank you for the quick response this app looks awesome!

**Edit - I think there was a lag, 1 vs. 4 week view does look different, but is it averaged?
Am I able to view what the air quality was week by week?

The top charts will give you the day-to-day details any time within the past 3 months.

The bottom chart is an average TVOC reading over the past week or month of data (assuming you have that much).

Additional reading:
Air Quality Detail
Air Quality Summary

1 Like