Combine data from multiple thermostats onto a single chart

I have two thermostats (dual zone, single furnace). I would like to see a graph that shows the combined (single furnace) usage. It would combine both both zones (thermostats) in one graph. That way I could see if I was efficiently heating/cooling my house, and get a better idea for setting schedule, sensor usage, and possibly even duct dampers to maximize heating/cooling. As an example, I know that when the upstairs zone is calling for “cool”, the cool falls to the lower level, and the “downstairs” thermostat should be probably be adjusted accordingly. Having a dual graph may help get everything adjusted better by giving me a complete picture of settings and temperatures over time. I want to maximize my two zones (thermostats) against the single furnace they are attached to.

This has been a point of discussion for a while and is not something I have made much progress on. I’ve received a lot of good feedback and do intend on addressing this at some point. I don’t have any timeline on when I might get to this, though.

1 Like

k1n6b0b commented on Jan 28, 2019

I second this! I assume because I have multiple zones on my boiler that this drastically affects the “efficiency” shown when only considering a zone independently?

acesarewld commented on Feb 3, 2019

Giant +1 to this as well. Just got 4 EcoBee’s installed and the data I can collect is awesome, but I don’t have a way to see it ALL in one place at once time

ziebelje commented on Feb 4, 2019

@k1n6b0b The beestat Home Efficiency chart is based on each individual thermostat. The 1.3 update (coming soon…) fixes that by grouping thermostats by physical address.
@acesarewld or anyone else…would love some feedback on exactly how you would prefer to see this data aggregated. Do you want one chart per thermostat? Somehow group all thermostats into a single chart? Something else entirely?

acesarewld commented on Feb 22, 2019

@acesarewld or anyone else…would love some feedback on exactly how you would prefer to see this data aggregated. Do you want one chart per thermostat? Somehow group all thermostats into a single chart? Something else entirely?

Thanks for writing back! I meant to send this sooner – but with EcoBee being DOWN for the last 2 weeks I’ve been trying to adjust my system with very minimal data to work from.

Anyway, I’d like something of a whole-house dashboard, like Home Assistant https://www.home-assistant.io) provides but FAR FAR FAR LESS COMPLICATED!

So a bulleted list of ideas for what I was looking for includes:
• Dashboard view with all thermostats and sensors connected to them
• AJAX-style auto-update and auto load when new data is available
• Scrolling left/right of graph data like HomeIQ page has (I know using highcharts may prevent this)
• Ability to see all thermostat data at once (a whole-house view)
-Is a single graph with all data (minus redundant data like outside temp) the correct answer?
-Is a stacked set of graphs per-thermostat a better implementation?
• Mouse-over icons should have tooltips explaining what the icons mean

Ultimately the dashboard for my 4 thermostats should include things like runtime since 12:00AM that day, current temps, current humidity, and what equipment is running [and why it is/isn’t running — recovery? temp trigger? away mode? etc…]

It may be nice to have something we could install/host ourselves to alleviate pressure on your servers and hosting capabilities as well.

Anyway, these were just some basic thoughts – your service is GREAT and thank you for offering it to us!

I just want to second this as well. I have 3 thermostats in my home and it would be extremely helpful to be able to see combined usage. Perhaps start with something simple like a chart that just combines the runtimes? That alone would be very helpful to see how much my system is running as a whole.

1 Like

+1 for this feature. 2 story house in the desert… the biggest issue in the summer is balancing the 2 thermostats. Additionally (different feature request) would be to find and alert the unbalanced situation somewhere under the ‘analyze’ button.