Comparisons Tab Broken

Hi Jon,
I’m having some trouble with the Comparisons tab. Neither the old Heat Score, Cool Score, Resist Score nor the new Metrics section are loading for me. When I switch to the Comparisons tab, I see “Calculating…” for about a minute, followed by the below error message.

  "success": false,
  "data": {
    "error_message": "Maximum execution time of 5 seconds exceeded",
    "error_code": 1

Interestingly, both the old and new Temperature Profiles graphs seem to be fine. Not sure what’s up with this one!

Will take a look; thanks for the report!

Thanks so much Jon. Hope you’re keeping safe and well in this time.

I’ve been having this same problem as well.
When I tried to load it today, I got this error.

API call failed: Division by zero
“success”: false,
“data”: {
“error_message”: “Division by zero”,
“error_code”: 2

Now getting the exact same error as Geoffrey, too

Hi, I’m new to beestat and fairly new to ecobee. I recently purchased and installed 2 stats (a month ago tomorrow), and am loving them. I am not receiving the error message, but my comparison page doesn’t load, just says “calculating scores” indefinitely. Not sure if this is the same bug, or if I’m just being impatient. Today is my 3rd day since signing up with beestat.


@emugga, @Shaun_R, or @gharden91: If any of you are still having an issue with comparisons please let me know and PM me your thermostat serial number. I patched a bug last week that would cause issues with the comparisons and profiles.

Thanks Jon, I’ve PM’d you as I’m still getting this ÷ by 0 error

This is now fixed. It was a perfect storm:

Both of you have your comparisons set to global / all, which gives you a pretty large data set to begin with. On top of that you are both Patrons and have early access to the new metrics. All that combined took too long and timed out on the server. I increased the time limit and all is good. This page will get a bit more streamlined once I actually finish the metric stuff.

Happy to confirm the issue is resolved for me, thank you!

1 Like

The comparisons tab for me shows Insufficient Data for all scores and the temperature profile is blank. I don’t know if it uses all thermostats or is for each one, but I get the same result for all 3 of my thermostats.
Thanks for the awesome tool BTW!

That is normal until beestat has collected a week’s worth of your data.

It already has all of my historical data, why would it need new data?

If it’s not fixed already, I can manually fix it if you send me your thermostat serial number. There’s a bug somewhere where sometimes the profiles generate before all of your data is synced. If that happens, it takes a week before the profiles recalculate automatically at which point everything gets fixed.

So @dkgibson is kind of right in that it takes a week when this happens. But you’re also right in that I already have the data. :wink:

Well, I waited long enough for it to start working on its own but thanks anyway :). But oh man my resist score is low, looks like I need to add some insulation and solar films.

My resist score is awful as well. I’m going to ignore it until I have several months of both cooling & heating.

Here’s what Beestat reports for my house:

Here’s what Ecobee reports for my house. I like the Ecobee reports better. :grin: