Extend Temperature Profiles outside captured data

Roughly this:

VS this:

The effect would be more pronounced on newer systems and in all cases let you see tooltips for more temperatures.

I think I like it. Not sure itā€™s necessary, but is it possible to use dashed lines, or a slightly different color to indicate projected data?

1 Like

Got an interesting one. So much like the rest of the country we are going through a heat wave. The current temp is higher than itā€™s ever been in terms of what Beestat has seen, so the ā€˜Outdoor Temperatureā€™ line is missing from the Temperature Profiles graph. See attached. I also attached a screenshot showing my maximum temperature in the graph, which is 92. Currently itā€™s 98.

I would normally say ā€˜well Iā€™ll have to wait until Beestat processes this weeks data to see that datapoint in the graphā€™, however itā€™s interesting that the main page shows a ā€˜Time to Coolā€™, so clearly Beestat is extrapolating out the trend line in Temperature Profiles to estimate the Time to Cool at the current temperature.

Basically, would it make sense to dynamically extend out the Temperature Profiles graph when the current temperature exceeds the maximum graphed temperature, even if there wonā€™t be trendline data?

Yeah this makes sense to me and I have no problem adding it in. Might be a bit as Iā€™m knee deep in some new features right now and need to get these to a clean cutoff point.

Fun fact: you can force the profile to re-generate by going to the main three menu in the top right, going to Settings, then toggling the ā€œIgnore Solar Gainā€ flag back and forth. Iā€™ll probably add an explicit ā€œregenerateā€ eventually as well. If thereā€™s enough profile data at the higher temperature then that might get you a little more data in the meantime.

1 Like

No worries at all, this is pretty minor. Nice hack with the regen, after doing that it did add the new higher temperatures and is now showing the Current Outdoor temperature line. Thanks!

This has been added. Multiple heat/cool profiles now span the same range and all profiles extend, at a minimum, 5Ā°F (or equivalent Ā°C) outside the captured data range.

Before/After:

1 Like

This is fixed as well. The profiles will now extend just past whatever the current outdoor temperature is.

1 Like

Looks great, thanks @ziebelje!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.