Scale in Thermostat Detail Section

I have a problem where, in the Thermostat Detail section, showing “Past 1 Day” gives me a useful and meaningful data scale between 8°C to 24°C:

This scale shows meaningful changes in the indoor temperature in relation to outdoor temperature and runtime.

If I change the view to “Past 3 Days”, suddenly the scale changes to 0°C - 32°C, despite the fact that neither the indoor nor outdoor temperatures got below 7°C or above 21°C. Suddenly, the graph is much less useful as you can’t see much variation in temperature.

But, if I remove the Outdoor Temperature line from the plot, suddenly the scale reverts back to showing a range of 14°C - 22°C. This is far more useful!

It seems the Outdoor Temperature plot causes the scale to widen by “too much”, ie there’s too much buffer or padding to allow for colder and hotter temperatures that never actually happened in the displayed time period.

Can the logic be adjusted such that the scale is kept as tight as possible? In my example, the 3 day plot should ideally have a scale between 6°C - 22°C.

Thanks ever so much!

1 Like

This can probably be tweaked a bit. Sometimes the auto-scaling can be a bit silly. In this case the chart chose to have a tick every 8°C. On Monday the outdoor temperature dropped just below so it expands out another 8°C. Not sure why the chart didn’t cap at 24°F though. I’ll take a look.

1 Like

I’ve seen this too, & at first I though it was an outlier data point, but that doesn’t seem to be it.

I argue for a more dynamic, constrained auto-scaling, which would make it easier to see minor changes in the graphs. “White space” is useful on text & some web pages, but not so useful in graphs. :slightly_smiling_face: