Hypothetically speaking…let’s say beestat had an IFTTT-style feature where you could configure actions based on various triggers.
- Send a text message when the aux heat turns on
- Send an email when the schedule is overridden
- Send a push notification when the heat turns on AND the outdoor temperature is above 60
- Send a webhook if the A/C runs for more than 30 minutes AND it’s raining outside
- Set the schedule to sleep if no motion is detected within 1 hour and it’s after 9pm
Would you use a feature like this, and what type of triggers and actions would you use? I think this would be helpful and I could build more advanced triggers and logic than you typically see with services like IFTTT.
The caveat would be that I would probably need to charge for certain things. All of the basics would be free, but text messages would cost as would any triggers that you need to run quickly. This is simply because keeping all this information synced is fairly database-intensive. It would likely just be a $1/month minimum just like the Patreon is.
Thoughts? I’m currently trying to decide which direction to take beestat next and this is something I’ve been interested in for a while.